Monday, January 20, 2014

Best Laid Plans

Hi everyone!
I hope that you all are having a great Monday, 
and for those of you that are working, 
maybe you have the day off for MLK day.

I had such great plans for this past weekend.
I was going to get all kinds of 
stuff organized,  
posts drafted
and some pictures edited.

That is, until I received a phone call from
my daughter asking if she and
the babies could spend the night with us.
You see, Friday she discovered that the carpet
in the corner of the master bedroom was 
soaking wet and when her husband
got home and checked it out -
there was MOLD!
Well, we didn't want the babies around
that, plus Justin (SIL) was using some
chemicals from work to kill the mold and
we didn't want the babies around that either.
So, to make a long story somewhat short,
my daughter and both babies spent the
entire weekend with us while Justin
worked on getting all the mold
killed and the house put back together.

So, I didn't get anything done that I had 
planned to do - other than cook a lot
more than I usually do on the weekend
and that certainly wasn't "planned".
That's okay - I'm just glad the
kids had a safe place to stay and
all the other "stuff" will
get done - 
sooner or later!

Hugs -

Carol


No comments:

Post a Comment