Sunday, January 12, 2014

One Word

Seems like everywhere you turn
in blogland
people are choosing
one word 
that they are going
to concentrate on
in the new year.

I have spent a lot of time
thinking about
what
one 
single word
I would choose.

One single word.

One word to define
yourself
with
for a 
whole 
year.

One single word.

Some people chose
"Healthy".

That is a good word.

But not 
my
word.

Some have 
chosen

"Still"

or

"Quiet".

Once again,
 good words
but not
mine.

After much thought and
prayerful consideration
I have 
chosen
my
one 
word.

One single word.

My 
word 
is



Yes.

ME

It was extremely hard
for me to 
agree with myself
 that, 
for this year, 
I needed
to stop
ignoring
ME.


It's time for
me to take some time
for me.

To take the time to 
take better care of
myself.

To 
eat a little better.

To 
exercise a little more.

To 
wash my face more than
once a day.

To actually
get out of my
pj's.

To take a little
time to
pamper myself
occasionally.
(Maybe a haircut more than once every couple of years)

Take some time
for myself 
to be by
myself-
even if it is
going to the movies and
losing myself
in the story on the screen.

When you have
ignored 
yourself
for so long that
you can't even remember
when you did any of these things
it's time
for something
to change.

After all,
you can't take care of
others
if you haven't
taken care of
yourself.

So,
my 
word for
2014 
is




No comments:

Post a Comment